Brit - european

saddler:
as anyone know anything about this company in relation of the job pay etc

I have worked there for over 2 years and there is alot of bullyboy tactics going on now, you cant ■■■■, cus they will pull you up about it, they have a grass now an ex driver who reports you for the smallest of things you do wron and immediately you recieve a letter in the post for a disciplinary hearing, and I have never known 1 case for the driver to walk without a written warning or verbal warning. In 1 instance all the drivers there know about is the shall we say the grass (no names given) actually parked up near where a driver lived and waited for the driver to park up near his house to where he went home and yes the driver did book a night out for it, who hasn’t? and he was sacked for that! that is one of many true stories that could be told.
Many drivers are leaving and finding work elsewhere, there is such a turnaround of drivers there now, and loads of agency there to replace the leaving drivers, In 2 weeks 4 drivers were sacked!!! take it from me stay away!!! the drivers wondered whether to club together to buy a long black leather lookalike coat right down to just above the feet decorated with the german swastica and ss and the cap, cus he does love his job!!! No management skills whatsoever, but they love him in the office, he is there eyes! :angry:

gonads71:

saddler:

I have worked there for over 2 years and there is alot of bullyboy tactics going on now, you cant ■■■■, cus they will pull you up about it, they have a grass now an ex driver who reports you for the smallest of things you do wron and immediately you recieve a letter in the post for a disciplinary hearing, and I have never known 1 case for the driver to walk without a written warning or verbal warning. In 1 instance all the drivers there know about is the shall we say the grass (no names given) actually parked up near where a driver lived and waited for the driver to park up near his house to where he went home and yes the driver did book a night out for it, who hasn’t? and he was sacked for that! that is one of many true stories that could be told.
Many drivers are leaving and finding work elsewhere, there is such a turnaround of drivers there now, and loads of agency there to replace the leaving drivers, In 2 weeks 4 drivers were sacked!!! take it from me stay away!!! the drivers wondered whether to club together to buy a long black leather lookalike coat right down to just above the feet decorated with the german swastica and ss and the cap, cus he does love his job!!! No management skills whatsoever, but they love him in the office, he is there eyes! :angry:

How many drop do you usually get?

Depends which arm of Brit-European you’re talking about. I know someone who does the plant work, out most of week, gets £22,000 basic plus bonus if you deliver x amount of units. He seems to get on ok with them, but have heard some horror stories about the carpets side of their business■■?

used to work for brits on the plant job they expect there pound of flesh off you and you will do a lot of chasing about there is a good basic and various bonuses, they used to pay £3.00 per machine but dont know what its like now it used to add up to about 50.00 per week extra plus there was night out money, mileage bonus etc.

The carpet boys do a fair bit of chasing about but again i left about 4 yrs ago so dont know what its like now.

Trade plating- stay away from it as i heard some horror storys about it
the most steady part of brits was the tanker work and the continental side of the plant but beware of the backloads of the chassis/ tractor units as theyre a right pain to load when its wet!! also with the trucks that they carry there was a lot of checking for scratches to paint / minor dents etc and that would cost you your load bonus so go over them with a toothcombe.

if you went on the plant expect to get a lot of runs to southampton docks in as they run 2 trucks per day and night on shifts plus the trampers used to get down there at least once / twice a week.

last id heard they had taken on a lot of polish lads but dont know if they are still there.

the bloke you need to speak to is Alan Gough at radway green

thanks for the replies the part of the job is the carpet side of brit, any info on this side will be appreciated saddler

From what i remember you were based in belgium and had drops to do in both town centres and out of town shopping centres (bit of a pain as the trucks that they use on carpets were all left hookers) and towards the end of the week you had to ship out to belgium to collect more carpets ready for next week or i think that they do a trailer change with another driver.

the place in belgum was in Zebe and was only about 5 mins from the port

have a look on www.briteuropean.com or google brit european and it has the contact details for BET Belgium, but i think that the carpet job is owned by “eurolines” which is a subbie to brits. Still give Goughie a ring and hell put you in the right direction.

adam have you is number or e-mail address

Alan Gough 01782 783571

can some one tell me how this works I looked at their depots none near me im looking for a job also and was wondering how it would work sorry to jump in on your post :slight_smile: :blush: :blush:

fozzie:
can some one tell me how this works I looked at their depots none near me im looking for a job also and was wondering how it would work sorry to jump in on your post :slight_smile: :blush: :blush:

They advertised for trampers a few months ago in the truckstop news, if you have time on your hands you could check the back editions on line. The nearest depot to us as far as i am aware is Crewe, i did (was) considering it myself. It may of been July i think they advertised.

:slight_smile: They did advertise recently Here. Also see Here. All MAN’s mind. :open_mouth: :cry: LHD ones

thanks mike c and dafmad :smiley:

can some one tell me how this works I looked at their depots none near me im looking for a job also and was wondering how it would work sorry to jump in on your post

when i was there they had drivers from all over the place who arrived on sunday night at Rocester,slept in the cab and started tramping on monday and got back saturday morning and drove home sat. afternoon as for carpets they let you take the truck home or a few of the lads i knew on it used to park up at a truck stop/layby near there home as all the trucks are on belgian plates so the coppers would think he was weekended, i still see one parked up on the A50 by meir tunnel most weekends.
all the carpets are on belgian plates and are left hookers on the plant side they are all uk reg and are rhd exept for a few of the continental drawbars on plant. when i started there a few days after passing my test they gave me a lhd MAN to use on uk work after a day of training on it they let me loose on my own with it, was a bit of an eye opener.

Saw a LHD TGA XXL with moffit montie in Harrogate the other weekend delivering.

if they have a Branch in Luxembourg then hire there on.
Nice simple Paysystem and propper Sickpay(80% of Wages),and propper Pension. :sunglasses:

And iirc,your pension is paid at Belgian rates,and you also get paid in euros.

Ken.

I went for an interview in Belgium…he told me I could sleep at the traffic lights!!! Left well alone

Yep, ive heard the same about only being allowed to sleep at lights, id stay well away mate.

Adam, did you know a driver called Douglas (Dougie Austin) Scotish guy must be about 60 by now. I think he worked on Plant. Not seen him in about 7 years though.