Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Another national road with plenty of good truckstops on was the N10 from Tours down to Bordeaux although parts of the road as far as Poiters had weight limits on it was still possible to get off the Autoroute and find some good routiers. Once past Poitiers you were spoilt for choice starting with what used to be the crossed knife and fork at Vivonne and culminating in the BP truckstop which I believe is no more, I’m sure someone can verify whether this is correct or not, with some great routiers in between notably Le Casse Croute at Charentaise offering plenty of parking with excellent food. Many drivers who went from Cherbourg to Bordeaux via Rennes and Saintes may remember a routiers near La Rochelle on the left going down with the sea fairly close on the right, I stopped for dinner there one night and ordered crab as a starter expecting a portion of crab meat, very surprised to have a whole crab dumped in front of me with a special fork. Embarrassed to say I had to be shown how to disembowel said crab by other french drivers at the table, where else would a crab starter be included in a set price menu.