Cyclist Killed

AHT:
Also all the mention of cyclists not riding on the hard shoulder of a duel carriage way there are a few reasons for this, now I don’t know the road in question but might be wrong, first off it would be illegal so you lot would all be on here moaning that cyclists are allowed to ride there so why shouldn’t you drive there.
Also you say it’s a hard shoulder normally there not full width, and littered with debris that aren’t always visible from a car/truck hence you are about a foot away from the road traffic comes past at full speed giving you no room for error or if you have to swerve to miss things, if you ride in the lane traffic slows down appropriately and normally gives you more room hence its safer to ride in the lane, also you are more visible at junctions if there are any,

I hate riding on duel carriageways and try to avoid them however there are times when it just has to be done in order to get from A to B in a sensible time, this is normally round the Kendal/ barrow type areas toward the lakes where there are allot of duel carriageways

You don’t know the road in question but you’re happy enough to still make some bonkers bs excuse as to why cyclists can’t use the hard shoulder on it. :unamused: The fact is in my experience of riding a bike many,if not most,pavements are suitable for cycle use and as far as I’m concerned anyone who thinks otherwise is as raving mad as anyone who wants to ride a bicycle in lane 1 of this road instead of using the hard shoulder.By the way the correct procedure here is for cyclists to use the exit and entry slip roads at junctions so they don’t get wiped out by traffic entering and exiting the road.As for using lane 1 and expecting traffic to slow up yeah right good luck with that.:unamused:

maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.3 … 8,0,10.93

As I said for the cyclists it’s all about martyrdom in making some bs point about them wanting to control and ‘command’ the road space at the expense of road traffic and the unfortunate drivers who are unlucky enough to get involved in the inevitable results. :imp: