Hatswell International Deeside

kangooronan:

wasnt the big magnum big jeffs?? when you drove ther you would have know my old man neil, and garth evans his old mate. what about davey mac?

Hi Ive just seen those images i used to work with my old man John rawlinson HGV fitter my name is craig i remember when big geof wrote off the magnum when he hit thye crane has any one seen john as i moved away in 1999 and not seen or heard from him or stella?

It would be great if anyone out there has any info n this please

Kindv regards

Craig

My dad started with hatswell in 1988. He started on a Bedford tm on bulk tipper, when the tm was sold he had a 1735 merc G268MHH. Then he went on nights for him on the TNT job to atherstone.
I was talking to hatty a couple of years ago. He gave me a load of truck brochures that he was getting rid of. He looked well.

berte1:

kangooronan:

wasnt the big magnum big jeffs?? when you drove ther you would have know my old man neil, and garth evans his old mate. what about davey mac?

Smokey drove one of the magnums. He wrote it off on the m25 didn’t he?

1735 G268MHH refuelling at TNTs depot Deeside.

image.jpg

Loading clay at newbridge.

image.jpg

Hatswell Bedford TM 14 litre 290

image.jpg

Hatswells sons (lee Hatswell) F7 that was taken over by Hatswell.

image.jpg

Foden 4350. Not my photo.

image.jpg

Dingle Garages 1735 on demo with Hatswell.
He went on to buy 4. G266MHH, G267MHH, G268MHH and G831XJM

image.jpg

One of his 2 R310 Renaults

This was one of Hatties TMs at TNT Deeside depot when it opened in 1985, the yellow IPEC TM was driven by Frank, used to have some laughs on nights out of the old Flint depot when Hatty had one of the first F12s locally, driven by Brian?, and a little F7,… Those were the days we drove nights :smiley: :smiley: :unamused:

009D5C5D-EF68-4C86-9BCC-D7F3F988B5F2.jpeg

dozer:

Lee used to drive a TL Bedford last I saw him , in 85, remember when Mr Hatswell senior, Daves dad called in with his caravan into the TNT workshop to blow the tyres up, and we taped a cardboard sign saying , Teas, Coffee, Burgers and Hot Dogs to the side, then he drove off on his holidays… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

steelboyf10:

dozer:

Lee used to drive a TL Bedford last I saw him , in 85, remember when Mr Hatswell senior, Daves dad called in with his caravan into the TNT workshop to blow the tyres up, and we taped a cardboard sign saying , Teas, Coffee, Burgers and Hot Dogs to the side, then he drove off on his holidays… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I knew a driver from that depot, Harry Hiesley who used to do the Ipec run on nights, lovely fella.

WALLS 390L:

steelboyf10:

dozer:

I knew a driver from that depot, Harry Hiesley who used to do the Ipec run on nights, lovely fella.

i remember Harry,a real gent, used to have a R Cab 112 Scania on the IPEC run

I used to work for ‘Hatty’ in the early 90’s and i’m looking for any photos some of you may have. I have found a couple on here and will upload some of mine as well. We used to run out of Shotton Steel back then, I remember Springfields,Shones of Buckley etc. Also used to run out of Frigoscandia and TNT (Old IPEC northampton) over the water, also DHL from Hounslow and Reading, good times those! We also use to do a few runs for Morgan Freight over the water, i remember going to Mechelen,Stolberg and Luxembourg with loads out of Warwick Chemicals in Mostyn.