Ackworth / Onward Transport

BIG AW:

jeffrey ellener:

BIG AW:

stevie dug:
This was my old girl, we bought it in 1990 from warner of wingate ex Onward. It was immaculate and faultless when we bought her, an original flatbed, i operated and drove her for 10.5 years all over the uk. i put a piston in and a new water pump and that was about it, then after 6 year i put a 2700ati engine in her and she was a flyer. Just after we bought her my father phoned Ackworth and asked if they minded if we kept the colours and they no problem and even gave us the paint code,Happy memories,Steve.

Aye up steve mate that Daf was driven by a lad called ron harrison he kept it tip top and in all the time i knew him i never saw him dirty not that he was idle far from it but he had a flat on full time so he was always ropeing n sheeting

Hi,Did you know a driver Geoff Tallant I think he drove for Ackworths.My dad used to work for A.One and see him no and again,I used to knock about with him in our schooldays,a long while ago lol.Last I heard of Geoff he was operating a fishing boat out of Bridlington.

Yes he did mate if you look back through this tread i replied to your last post

Thanks for that big AW he must live where his grandma lived it was a cottage just as you got into Barmston,we used to go there in the school hols.I worked at Simpsons for 3 months didnt like it so left I had an old 3 serise scania that used to crab up the road it had an old volvo seat that was loose mechanic said there was nowght wrong with it.i told peter one night when i was up there he had it sorted that night