Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

My father was awarded the first TK, c/w Thorne’s double-deck livestock container purchased by his employer. This was in about 1960, and must have been the first of about 15 of them that the firm had over the years and he loved it, having previously had a petrol engined A-type.
I don’t think the brakes were too bad, after all they were designed to run at the same weight as the outgoing S-type, which always seemed quite reasonable to me, given that they were not a Leyland or an ERF! In our experience, the worst thing from a driver’s point of view about the TK was it’s “soft” springs which resulted in an unacceptable amount of roll on corners, especially when loaded with straw bales 9-high.
The mechanics were REALLY pi**ed-off with the TK- try taking the front two injectors out without dislocating your shoulder.
Power , although not setting the hedges on fire, was acceptable when the 330 was loaded to 14 tons gross. If you wanted to stick 12 tons on a four-wheeler you should have bought something a lot more expensive!