Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

My first post on here and it had to be about Bedfords. I have been brought up on Bedfords, my Dad was a salesman and then MD of Vincent Greenhous in Hereford so there was no better range of trucks!!! Growing up in the early 80’s the TL and TM were the trucks of the time with the TM being my favourite. I was fortunate enough to sit in the Long Haul when it came to an open day at Hereford, as a 7 year old this was the best!!. He used to take me on demo runs now and again which was great especially when we went out in the V8 Detroit, the noise was epic and speed wasn’t too bad either. As I have grown older I can see that maybe they weren’t the best on the road at the time but they did a job and mostly did it well. I have driven lots of different Bedfords for work but not over great distances until this year. We rescued an old Km from Bulmers Cider last year and did him up and I came up with the bright idea of doing a charity road trip to Herefords twin towns ( Dillenburg in Germany and Vierzon in France) and the Heineken Museum in Amsterdam ( owners of bulmers). 1600 miles in nine days at 40 mph. Not everyones cup of tea but I have to say one of the best things I have ever done. Boris (the trucks nickname) was a star. Having not moved for about 5 years, he went straight through his MOT and trundled around Europe like a little trooper. My memories of Bedfords…all good!!!