100 + years of Commercial Motor

Rikki-UK:
I really dont have an answer to your questions, as this isnt a project I have been involved in, just managed to wangle getting permission to give you lot a free preview before it goes fully live - its still in what IT bods call “Beta” at the moment and isnt the final release.
I will send the project managers a link to this thread so they can pick up on your comments.

I can guess and this is only a guess, that getting this far, scanning over a million pages and extracting the text hasnt been cheap, and before they throw lots more money at extra features they would want to see what the take up is - contrary to some peoples thoughts we dont have unlimited funds or budgets- not being critical of the constructive comments on here , just pointing out that we cant simply throw money at this and hope.

I understand what you are saying and fully agree about the cost, it is more about the convenience of the things, especially with a good search engine.

Most people in transport have contributed over the years to the printed media by weekly or annual subscription. I used to get one delivered to my home and someone was paying for it. At DHL it looked like a newsagent and the mags were just free to pick up read and return.

I would not be allowed to store 10 years of interesting magazines in my house without divorce papers, never mind 100 years.

If you are in the office, can you just burn me a couple of discs off. I will get you a couple pints :stuck_out_tongue: