Mainly Rank Hovis & Spillers Milling

Foden S21 Spaceship FG6LX/24 XAN 291.

Re-printed below is an excerpt from my post on page 4 of this thread:-
Re: Mainly Rank Hovis & Spillers Milling
by VALKYRIE » Tue Sep 04, 2.57 am.

Ah yes! I was hoping Gingerfold,or somebody,would post a photograph of at least one of the XAN-registered Foden S21 Spaceship FG6LX/24 Lorries of Rank Hovis McDougall - RHM. Some of the XAN Foden S21 Spaceships did further commercial service as Fairground Vehicles,including :-
XAN 285,operated by Sheldon Dowse,Doncaster:-
flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/ … otostream/
Note it’s original RHM Flat body below the Luton Van body.

XAN 291,operated by the late Terence Dowse,Doncaster:-
flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/ … otostream/

Terence was in the process of restoring his Foden S21 Spaceship in recent years,but very sadly,he passed on,on Wednesday,31st August,2011,a year since now at present. But I hope to find out what is happening to this Foden S21 Spaceship,XAN 291.

On page 20 of the Foden Thoughts Thread the following post mentioned that somebody is restoring an
ex-Rank Hovis McDougill-RHM Foden FG lorry:-
"Re: Foden Thoughts
by 3300John » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Hiya…i know they are. der der t der der. yes when the chap dose a restoration its done properly.
this chap did a mk2 zodiac up a few years ago. i thought it was new and never been used.WOW.

i think he,s doing a hovis 8 legger FG at the moment, the ones with the deep chock rail.

theres also a marston valley brick lorry in the queue. the chaps uncle drove it from new,
theres about 10 other fodens to be restored. i don,t know if they,re micky mouse, roland rat, or
diana doors. OH it could be jane mansfield…
i posted some of the foden photo,s about 2 years ago of the same lorries

John3300. John."

I wonder if the above Foden FG is Terence Dowse’s Foden S21 Spaceship FG6LX/24,XAN 291…

I found out on Saturday night that Terence sold the Foden to somebody,for continued restoration
and preservation two years since.Although Sheldon doesn’t know who to.

I’ll probably also post this on the Foden Thoughts Thread.too.Somebody might know :smiley: .

VALKYRIE.