Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

For those who used the old road from Bourg to Nantua there was the restaurant next to railway station in Pont D’Ain, a bit noisy at night being right by the railway line but the Beouf Bourginogne was exceptional, then there was the Le Panoramique at the top of the Cerdon, I never actually ate in there but for a coffee and to sit and look out over the valley was well worth the stop, you could see trucks wending their way up the twisty road for miles. Another good routiers was in Maillat just before the Autoroute junction at Le Relax hotel and restaurant where I spent a couple of days with a turbo seal gone on the Transcon. There was a Ford truck garage within walking distance but a few calls to ■■■■■■■ France yielded no results unless I wanted to spend a week there while they sent a new turbo, presumably par bycyclette as it was only coming from Lyon. However a call to my local ■■■■■■■ dealer who had a suitable turbo on the shelf followed by a call to ACH (Aston Clinto Haulage) who said they would get the next truck to Italy to drop it off. As it was wintertime with some snow on the ground (in the days when it actually snowed there) I had a couple of pleasant nights sleep in the hotel for about 100 FF per night as I did’nt want to run the truck to much with the oil seal gone or flatten the battery with the night heater. New turbo duly arrived on the third day, changed in a couple of hours and on my way. Presumably as they still show large truck parks on Google maps France with trucks on them they are still well frequented by drivers.