Mainly Rank Hovis & Spillers Milling

Lawrence Dunbar:

gingerfold:

Lawrence Dunbar:
This Daf was an ex Spillers Tanker, from their Trafford Park Depot & converted to a tipper by its present owners G.Lowdon Ltd Seaton Burn, it was down by David Lowdon, & I hand painted the tipper body for him, Regards Larry.

As it was in Rank Hovis livery

Well if my mems is correct Im sure one of the drivers at Trafford Park said that this tanker ran to Blackpool every day to a biscuit factory, he didnt say the name, But I used to load biscuits in the 60/70s at Symbol Biscuits, perhaps thats the job it was on, ■■? anyone know anything, Regards Larry.

Hiya Larry The Daf in question was driven after we got it in the Spillers buy out by a guy called Jimmy Hughes who came to Ranks at Trafford Park after Birkenhead mill was closed down.He did spend a lot of his time running to Blackpool (Squires Gate ) but it was to Warburtons Bakery Where They make Blackpool Milk Roll. I have to say it’s great to see the old girl looking so good, you have done a brilliant job on her Larry,I can also tell you she had quite an easy life she rarely went out with a full load she used to do a lot of small bulk loads,anything up to 10 tons so she was always on top of the job. I hope she continues to give you a good service :smiley: :smiley:
Regards John