New Siemens digi tach

When inputting at the start of their shift, has anyone cocked up with the new Siemens unit, and incurred any infringements?

The new unit looks the same as the old one, but it appears they’ve changed the software in it. I only noticed at the weekend that instead of it asking you if you had finished you last shift at say 15:00 the day before, it now asks you to input the end of your daily rest at say, 05:00, before moving onto your new shift.

Ken.

I made a manual entry with one of these and it showed that I had been on duty for about three days continuously. No one knew how to change it at that time, about 16 months ago. I only ever had that problem with one lorry.

I haven’t, didn’t you get the letter from the DVLA about the new software? or from your friendly DCPC trainer? :laughing: :laughing:

They certainly make it easier to do manual entries, more so for anyone that goes to euroland I guess, as you have to input your rest, no need for holiday attestations.

:bulb: Just one tip, if you’ve been driving analogue then use the ? mode symbol to cover that period.

Where I’ve been working the past few weeks there are a mixture of the old version 1.3 Siemens and the new 1.4 version and to be honest it hasn’t yet caused me any problems, but it does make me stop and think about what I’m doing when I do the manual entries :slight_smile:

MADBAZ:
Just one tip, if you’ve been driving analogue then use the ? mode symbol to cover that period.

Spot on, but also if you’ve been doing any other type of work.
In other words if you haven’t been on rest continuously since you last withdrew the driver card use the ? symbol :wink: