Gist, bellshill

acd1202:

houndcat:
Explain this, fte drivers get paid £511 gross per week regardless if they work max hours,yet agency drivers can earn £750 for same work.seems like fte are getting raw deal,or maybe it’s me.whats your thoughts,union unite seem as much use as a motorbike ashtray.

In a quiet spell the ft drivers get £511, precisely how much do the agency staff get when a shift is cancelled or during the quiet times? That is why they get paid more when they are working, together with the fact that they only get their wage, whilst I wouldn’t mind betting that the ft staff at Gist have a company pension plan of some sort and possibly other benefits as well. If you look at what the agency staffs P60 says, and the Gist employees P60 I bet I can guess which one is better off overall.

Sorry mate, Gist Bellshil seem to act as a one man band in the Gist (BOC) Portfolio.
It says on their contract Hourly Paid, yet defines no hours, no rate per hour and no limit to the amount of hours that you can work, oh apart from the inclusion of The WTD and The Tacho rule’s etc, etc.
It does not state it is a salary for X hours per week/month/year.
You can work an extra day for X amount, try getting it; the extra day/pay, your choice.
The FT drivers are treated like agency drivers only getting a full time wage, which is the only difference, shift changes ( last minute) not knowing what your doing till your minimum time off in the next lay-by if your lucky, and night turns into day turns into night, then you have your 45 off then it starts all over again…
The rate you say is not everyone’s rate but for the overnight drivers and not the dayshift who are, let’s say undervalued and are the only one’s who are able to move the union negotiations forward, as the powers that be in bellshill use the old divide and conquer rule.

There is No Company pension plan nor sickness pay, only ssp which of course the government pay.

Then again if the driver’s used the WTD properly they wouldn’t work so many hours.

The planners are …usual ■■■■■ lol.

The agency drivers make sure the get their three 15’s and three 13’s and their overnight’s, does them for the lean time’s.