Ackworth / Onward Transport

jeffrey ellener:

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great photos Kev, FROM THE GOOD OLD DAYS, Keep them coming please, Regards Larry.

Larry, Those pics were taken by Iain Wilkinson so I can’t take any credit for them. I have to say Onward was the best job I ever had!!! It’s the only job I can say I would go back to tomorrow, no competition. (My present job excepted Tynedaz) :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Kev.

I think my childhood friend Geoff Tallant drove for Ackworths or Onward last I heard of him he had a fishing boat in Bridlington.My dad Jack Ellener, who drove for A.One used to see him regular on there nights out.

dont know if your still looking jeffery, but i worked with jeff tallent i remember him starting at the castleford depot, we became best mates for years ,we had some great times up and down the country,as far as i know he is living in barmston, near bridlington, and he has a fishing boat in the harbour, if you ever see him ask him about the time him and laury cole closed the main line from london to inverness lol. when it was quiet we used to do a lot of piggy backing to save fuel, jeff and laury found a ramp in a yard ,put one on the back of the other but forgot about the cb ariel, when they went over the level crossing it touched the overhead power lines, then everything went bang ,the wagon on top welded itself to the trailer below, it was a mess, royhebb (ex onward )