Ackworth / Onward Transport

1159jrh:

kevmac47:
Great to hear from you John, yes I often parked at ELPM en-route to Stanlow. I think you got your fleet number wrong! I had D916 WJX with that fleet no. After I left Onward (as you say the best job ever) I became an owner driver,(1992 til Feb 2012) I then retired for a few weeks :smiley: :smiley: and now I have a job on day work for Tyneside Express. Have you any photos of your time at Onward and what are you doing now? Regards Kev.
Ps you can find a shot of 324 on page one of this thread.

I see the fleet no is 385 did I misread it?

HI Kev great to hear from you i may be mistaken ref the fleet no but i do have some nice photo’s and as soon as i can work out how to post them i will . After the Bewick takeover i worked for a further 2 years at ELPM and then i was lucky to get a start at Rank Hovis on Trafford Park ,and thats where i am to day it will be 19 years in september so i was surprised you remebered me
I was being a bit unfair in my description of Bewick’s on the whole they were a decent company to work for,and to be honest i quite enjoyed it, But having worked for onward it just wasn’t the same .
I still have the plate to commemorate Onwards anniversary that all employees got,still in the box in the cupboard upstairs Ha HA .
Great to hear you did ok after it finished there were a lot of decent lads there,i certainly enjoyed my time
Cheers John

I had forgotten about the plate John, I still have mine in the loft somewhere. regards Kev.