Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

JohnyRose63:
way to many to mention but here goes. algerians RN6 auxerre. mamas rosa. bassano d grappa.
le mistrals (footballers) chalons . sisters arluno milan. relais de donzere RN7. le relais haute bresse jayat.motel aurora colico via nazionale nord 4. englishmans brienne. orte nr rome. :slight_smile:

I used to load out of Bassano del Grappa every week for years, I used to eat in the Ritorante Magnolia, which was opposite the old offices of the company I loaded for, their warehouse was around the corner. The guvnor of the restuaraunt taught me how to eat Italian food like an Italian (lots of small courses and a bottle of wine with each one :laughing: ) I also used the Pizzeria by the Ponte Vecchio, wonderful little town, brings back lots of good memories :sunglasses:

Le Mistral and the one a bit further down that was something to do with the lot that owned the Algerians was another good one, especially on Couscous night. There were quite a few good places along the RN6 as it happens, there was one on the top of Bessy that the Southampton boys used to use, then further up the Rally Route and then the Algerians, from there the junction of the Ho Chi Min and the RN6 had three or four decent places, from there on it was a bit barren until another really good one at Hautvilliers, after that it was the Greasy Spoon/Wheelhouse in Dover.

Going south from the Chalons area, there was the one at Pont D’Ain and if you were going Mont Blanc, the Monkey House or Nantua, going Frejus there was a big one near the railway sidings near to the solit for the RN504 and RN75/85, from there the Pink House and the one at the bottom of the Tunnel du Chat, then the log cabin on the way up to Modane.

Going down the West Side there were numerous good ones, everyone used different routes, but I used Samur - La fleche quite a bit and found a couple of good spots (can’t remember them now though) South of Poitiers there is Vivonne (another really good one) then Le Pacific just north of Bordeaux, then Castets.

In Spain it was the usual suspects, Victors, Freds, the Grand buffet at Cambrills etc etc.

In Italy, again the usual suspects, Carisio, the Glasshouse, The refinery at Pero, Concorezzo, the one at the Gorgonzola exit, Montebello, Campogalliano, Orte etc etc.

In Greece, Peters in Kerasini or the Sussex Arms in Gyflada.

Portugal was a bit hit and miss, only went a few times, so just followed the crowds.

I also remember walking over the border at St Louis/Basle into Swiss and going to a ex M/E driver’s restuaraunt, not bad grub and reasonably priced for Swiss too.

Never had anything to get too excited about in Belgium with the exception of the Wally Stop, a couple of decent ones in the fatherland were Gieselwind and the Aral on the 61 one exit up from Stromberg, again I can’t remember the name of it.