Portsmouth/Fareham Companies

YOGI-62:
few memory joggers; bob marsh (RAC marsh and then as ROTEAM), chris davison, short & groom, “sonner” jordon, bob HT hughes, arther porter & windebanks, MMD, commodore shipping, gus hayes, maybanks, privets, chalmers, maxi`s motel. two brothers that ran SK mercs b4 trading them in 4 2 white roadcommanders. 1lived at the top of wooferton rd just round the corner from me, the other in wymering. (YOUNGS on the A32 at fareham were dealers 4 white at the end of the seventies)

Hi Yogi-62,

I remember Short & Groom, one of their drivers,a son of either Short or Groom had an accident one winters morning on the A36 at Codford when you had to go through the village before the by pass he rolled his truck and commodore box into the pond there and unfortunately died RIP, this must have been about 1978.

Also remember Chris Davidson from Clanfield and Jock who drove for him, Bob Merrick from Hughes lives near Wylie in Wiltshire I think,and the guy selling the Whites I think it was Roger, my mate’s White he sold him had the same reg.no. as an Alfa Romeo :unamused: :unamused: :blush:

Arthur Porter is still around, do you remember that ERF 6 wheeler rigid he had ?

Regards
Richard