Ferry mode

Here you go,found what you think you may need courtesy of the missing Coffee…

by Coffeeholic » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 am

Right I’m finished driving for the shift so I can answer now.

Arrive in the port, book on and get in the lane to wait for boarding.

Switch tacho mode to rest and set end country. Leave card in.

First part of daily rest.

When it us time to board go into the menu and scroll to the ferry/train option. Press OK. This is the digital equivalent of the pen we used to use to write on the chart to explain why we had interrupted our rest. It’s just a digital pen to mark the data and not some magical mode.

Board ferry, mode will change to driving.

On board change more switch to rest.

Second part of rest.

Two options now on completion of the crossing.

1. If you have not had 11 hours rest in total, go back into the menu and press OK for the ferry/train option. Still just a digital pen, no magic mode in play here.

Disembark, park up and switch mode to rest.

Third and final part of rest.

When 11 hours rest completed change mode to other work. Set begin country and crack on.

Or

1. If you have completed 11 hours rest change mode to other work, set begin country, disembark and crack on.

All the normal rest rules still apply, rest must be within the 24-hour period, and you must have at least 11 hours if rest. This means to allow for the rest plus the time for the interruptions you cannot do more than about 12 - 12.5 hours duty before getting to the port.

The two interruptions must total no more than 1 hour.

Also note you must have access to a bunk or couchette for all parts of the rest so you cannot use this on the shuttle or Dover/Calais crossings. And no, those long chairs on Norfolk Line or the Spirit of Britain are neither bunks nor couchettes.

Linda, 07/06/1959 - 25/05/2011 It’s not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It’s what you leave behind you when you go.

My Spare Time - Photography

There is no advantage to using a broker, book your LGV training direct with a trainer.

CoffeeholicMODERATOR Posts: 24217Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:47 pmLocation: Valley of the Shadow of Death, do not resuscitate.

If this isn’t enough just put feery or ship into the search.
Regards.