ERF 'European' (1975)

3300John:
hiya…i know the parts bin was raided…who’s going to jig up for 30 sets of mirror arms.
my AEC has got rover P4 door handles(god knows what door locks)modified rover inside dooe
handles.the window glass and winders are austin rear door .
I got a door from rush green (ex london brick) that had standard 8 door handles with
rover P4 rear door locks…mine has capri head lights… bits and bobs yes but door
handles are door handles so get what on offer. erf door handles was the same as seddon /guy/scammell
foden so those fims must have done the same, just fit what was available.
look what happened when the stupid roadtrain door handle appeared… it broke. you could’nt get them.
nothing eles would fit. driver was forced to struggle with a pair of plieres untill leyland could be bothered
to release a new one. that was a specalised part.
John

Hi John.
Do not forget that Leyland used to train the halfwit buffons that passed as managers in the 70’s who then went on to greater things at other company’s.

Can you imagine the conversation at board level when Alex Ingonise (sic) said…look I have this great idea for a front wheel drive vehicle with a wheel at each end that is independently sprung. :smiley:
What do you mean Alex that you want to have a new engine designed ?, we have a warehouse full of perfectly useable engines from the pre war A35 called the A-series etc etc etc. :wink: