Update on life on the bus (with pics)

I will have lived full time on the bus for 6 months next Tuesday, and I have to say I’m loving it. All being well the sale of our home will be completed by 23rd of March so I basically have a week to make it fully independent from home. I currently nip home for showers to do my laundry and to charge my 4 110 amp batteries.

Anyhow progress on the kitchen is ok I now have running water in the sink the units installed and my temp kitchen can be removed for me to paint through and then place my dinning room table and chairs in it.

I now have 1000 litres of water fitted temp as eventually it will carry 3000. The internal water ring is in so in the bathroom is feed. At the moment the only thing installed is the toilet. A normal domestic toilet. This will be plumbed to a temp 45 gallon drum downstairs above the nearside front wheel and will drain from outside.

I am also fitting a urinal, as the waste is much easier to deal with and so will be kept separate. The shower will be formed in plywood then fibreglassed.

The bedroom will need redoing and the wardrobes fit but it will do for now.

Outside I’ve painted a few more windows over.

And I’ve found where I’m going and where I’m stopping on route lol

Its comming along nicely good project!

Lazy git - you might at least make the bed…:slight_smile:

If you stop at all the bus stops can you run on red diesel?

Santa:
Lazy git - you might at least make the bed…:slight_smile:

If you stop at all the bus stops can you run on red diesel?

You should know… Men don’t make beds :wink:

I was wondering how you were doing. Fair play to you. I always wanted to do it, but am crap at everything!!!

love the periscope in the shower!

Looks good, you have put allot of work into this
One point, would you not have been better wtih a caravan style cassette toilet where you simply remove the cartridge to empty, rather then have all that pluming in?

AHT:
Looks good, you have put allot of work into this
One point, would you not have been better wtih a caravan style cassette toilet where you simply remove the cartridge to empty, rather then have all that pluming in?

No, the whole idea is that its not a mobile home that you can manage with, its my house. (ok it moves but) I have never made do, yes easy to install but emptied every other day. My toilet will not need Mt ing for 6 weeks at a time.

As the Bus is Green you could ask a few kids to paint some Flowers on it :grimacing:

Just realised it’s an ex Lincoln road car bus.

Ken.

You need some bad ■■■ super singles up front lol, is it staying green btw ■■

Nice project btw :slight_smile:

Quinny:
Just realised it’s an ex Lincoln road car bus.

Ken.

possibly, in later life.
however,it was originally run by mansfield & district.i travelled to the moorgreen show on this one in 1977 aged just 5 :slight_smile:

Nope. lincs road car from new. m&d in later life. take it from an x midland general driver based at Mansfield. moor green show would have been hired in buses. also lincs road car and m&d where green Trent/midland general red. do you know why in the nbc days some companies where red and some green ■■?

Its looking great Marlow, inside & out. I said it would in time if you remember when you’d only just got the pot belly stove fitted.
Have you got the night heater in yet?

Decent view out the kitchen window. Where’s the hob?

Like the raised throne, should have left the window unpainted so you could sit and cogitate & look out :wink:

Shame a couple of the exterior pics are oversize and have thrown the page all out of shape.
Maybe some kind computer whizz here will offer to sort that for you.

Do you have a Generator for 240 Volt?

Have you thought of attaching one or two solar panels on top funds permitting

good way of getting electric hot water etc, and will be cost efficent after a while!!

Anyone else fancy doing the same?:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Decker … 500wt_1413

Or one with a patio:

ebay.co.uk/itm/DOUBLE-DECKER … 500wt_1413 :smiley:

You could put a Underslung Taillift between your Axles to have a Balcony

or do some Painting

Here was a local Hobby Painter working

Thought about solar and when I time to get my head round it all I should have them in place. The main problem is that lesuire systems are expensive and low watts (x80) where as domestic solar runs on 500 watt panels @ 12v then invert it back to the grid. Thing is anyone who offers solar for houses work off payback from the grid.

I have a 2800 watt genny that I will use for my washing machine but other than that I think 2 x 500 watt panels should keep me self sufficient

The throne is raised to get above the door mechanism, I’ll drop it down when I have removed the doors. I’m fitting upvc doors further back and putting a window and panelling underneath. All that will be in time as with the balcony, that will run the lenth of the bus just above the lower deck windows.

When its finished it should be something special.

Keep us updated. Its an interesting project.