Passing hgv test

Like LB76 I never took a HGV test.
Took my first driving test in the army in 1962 in a 12 ton armoured car which gave me a car licence which covered everything in those days.
Took a conversion course in a Chieftain tank in 1968 which was and still is a seperate group,(Group H,Track laying vehicle).
My first driving job after leaving the army was a Bedford TK for a few months until my boss borrowed a Mk V Mandator,(Park Royal cab) to go with the new single axle trailer he’d bought,until the new Albion Chieftain tractor arrived.
Then I had the “Old” Chieftain until I moved on to working in a commercial garage where I drove Big J’s,Commer TS3’s,Ford D1000’s and many more.
When the HGV licence came in,my previous employers signed the necessary form to say I had been driving vehicles now termed as Class 1 during the qualifying period and that was enough to get my new licence.
When my new licence was issued,although it had the new groups listed,they had not transfered my group H,so I sent the DVLA a letter and I had a new licence issued with Group H on it which I still have today.
I have used that group a couple of times,once when one boss had hired a Drott to level the uneven truck park and lay some ■■■■■■■■,and again when I had a day out on one of these “Adventure days” driving tanks on a private site.