Ancient brits heading east!

bestbooties:
In the early days before “The National” became our regular truckstop,many of us used the truckpark on the left going south on the way out of Belgrade.
On Brit European we were using a lot of Eurofleet Rental trailers,and on my first or second trip coming back from Baghdad,myself and Bob Matthews met up with a guy working for Eurofleet who had dropped on the job of travelling around Europe recovering abandoned trailers.
On this particular day,there was a Eurofleet tilt with a load on from Turkey probably,that had been abandoned and of course it didn’t take long for the ants to start devouring it.There were a couple of wheels missing and one or two brake hoses.As Bob and I were homeward bound,we lent him our spare wheels and helped blank off any air lines that were incomplete to get it mobile.
At first our boss could not understand why we had handed over our spare wheels when so far from home,but we were vindicated after the following trip when we got back.Ron Carman called us into the office to tell us there was a very nice letter of thanks from the MD of Eurofleet and a cheque for £25 each for Bob and I for doing what came naturally on that job,helping another driver in trouble.
It was help that was given with no expectation of reward but nice to see one boss who appreciated driver comeraderie.

And I could just imagine Ron keeping the cheques !!
LOL !!!