Old companies in lincolnshire 1980's - 1990's

Nice to see a Chris smaller lorry being posted, that must be one of the first FL’s made on a C plate. My first driving job was for Smallers when I was 21, I drove a T reg F7 day cab at first with a flat trailer running fertilizer from Fisons/Hydro. I called in at the yard in Stallingborough to ask for a job the day I passed my test and Chris said somebody has to give you a chance lad, it might aswell be me, and gave me a start date and time for the next week. I went straight back to the garage I worked in and put my notice in. It was good of him realy as at the time you normally needed to be 25 and have expirience to get a start anywhere. He was a good payer aswell, all hourly pay, and at that time percentage was mostly the norm in this area, and its still the only lorry driving job I ever had where you clocked in and out every day you where back in the yard.

The only picture i have of a Smallers lorry, not worlds most glamerous lorry but I was king of the road in it, and its loads better than a day cab F7.