Berliet

Evening all, [ZB], no I do not know off the top of my head either, but I expect somewhere in my old records I will have something on volumes. I remember one of my first assignments when I went to Paris was an appraisal of potential market shares. Now being used to the reliable SMMT UK statistics, and regional penetration tabs, I worked well into the early hours wrestling with French Government statistics, that when all the manufacturers, and importers volumes added up, I arrived at 160% of the total market! On Marathon, certainly into three figures, really quite low volume, but on Rolls powered Roadtrain considerably more. That vehicle was well accepted, 11613 Fuller, and 13tonne axle, economic and powerful. Pricewise, she was competitive, dumped, no, but very close to ex works price. Found ready acceptance with smaller hire and reward fleets, high spec, and exclusive with the Rolls Royce charge cooled badge. Some of the first Leylands I encountered in France were the Pelpel cabbed Hotchkiss marketed early 60s models. 600 powerplus. Quite handsome, and apart from the Leyland name on the front very similar to the AEC engined Willeme Horizon cab units. (Again the Horizon cab was a Pelpel creation). One of my old clients in Brest owned a couple of sleeper LAD cabbed Beavers, which he swore by! Cheerio for now.