Documents & equipment required for international journey

Vascoingles:

roberto23:
Having the European authorisation laminated is apparently not tolerated in Germany. I know a couple of drivers who were fined last year for this. Seems to me like the common sense thing to do for the longevity of the original document but there you go!

all our drivers have the EU authorisation in plastic envelopes which can be easily opened and reclosed

You must NEVER laminate your EU Authorisation as there is an official stamp on it that proves its not a photocopy. If its laminated its not possible to inspect the stamp to ensure its an original. Too many rogue hauliers photocopying the authorisations and laminating them to cover this up… I have been with drivers that had theirs laminated to protect them and where originals, but where fined & parked up until an original was provided. Use a plastic wallet and keep all your documents together so that you can hand them over to the officials when asked for, they like things all present & correct. It also looks professional to them, lessing the likelihood of them going over the truck with a fine toothcomb, unless your documents & tacho’s are wrong of course!!!