Allen Munro Transport Ltd

Hey Rob iworked at Munro’s from the very early days and have qute a few pics of the F10’s we ran. i will attempt to get them uploaded later his week if your still interested.

They used to run into Europe on behalf of IBM.

They also did a lot of Uk deliveries into supermarket RDCs on behalf of, UB, Nestle, Golden Wonder, and others quite a large fleet and a lot on double shifted operations

Yea they went bust owing me £75000 ,didnt get a penny. I did the rover contract to Guadalajara Spain. Customs diesel problem with their own tanks in the yard for their own trucks. We bought our own diesel me and another co from about Blackpool, I think it put him out he was owed about £100’000.

Yes please Murphy

A9 around 1989 ish first of F reg F10’s

BOC ■■■■■■■■■■■

Rob,in answer to your original post, they actually started in Ormskirk and outgrew that location, moved to Burscough and then when Kammac where taken over by Leggetts, the Transport then moved into Skelmersdale yard. I had worked there from 88 to 94, great times, did you work for them anytime?

Thanks for posting!

Yes I worked there from 06 to 09 in the workshop in Burscough.

i worked ther from 92 until 98…did u go working at volvo kev i remember you.always wonder wot brien brown n the others r upto these days…kev gill ray clifton went matalan last time i spoke to em.tommy sayer kev hunter■■? brort bak sum gud memories them pics haha

Use to see Munro lads hopping form wagon to wagon an european runs regular as clockwork, i dont think they ever had the same wagon even when tramping on european :smiley: If i remeber corredtly they had an agreemant with a motel hostel type place south of Bordeaux on the forest road.

HH:
Yea they went bust owing me £75000 ,didnt get a penny. I did the rover contract to Guadalajara Spain. Customs diesel problem with their own tanks in the yard for their own trucks. We bought our own diesel me and another co from about Blackpool, I think it put him out he was owed about £100’000.

old this I know but the question is:

why did you let it amount so high? between the 2 companies, £170k?

beggars belief.

Does anybody remember Keith Dickinson ?

Hey router I remember Dicko, I thought he was a top guy, ask your dad if this was one of the 89’s regs OFY 186 R. Barry Madigan used to drive it on UK work? Do you have any dealings with Dicko or just remember him?

Do you have any pics of the Beaver motors

Hi,

Has anyone got any other photographs of Munro’s trucks,

i worked casual for them in 95; had an m reg fh12. running crisps from snack factory skelmersdale to kwiksave Dundee . reloading gin from white and mackay lieth .back to Crawford and they’d trunk me another load of crisps up.also loaded material from Glamis road forfar going to Spain but I only dropped them in skem. nice and steady job didn’t bother me at all.

atkiman:
i worked casual for them in 95; had an m reg fh12. running crisps from snack factory skelmersdale to kwiksave Dundee . reloading gin from white and mackay lieth .back to Crawford and they’d trunk me another load of crisps up.also loaded material from Glamis road forfar going to Spain but I only dropped them in skem. nice and steady job didn’t bother me at all.

I was there in 95 to 96 in the traffic office with Andy & Gordon Best

hi spud. i seem to remember andy,but that’s about it. was dead handy job for me as i only live half a mile from pimbo.chris hayter has got the yard now…
jamie

Andy was the domestic transport manager and drove a white 190 Mercedes, Gordon looked after the international transport, the story goes that Allen Munro promised Andy a Mercedes company car if he’d come and work for him and then proceeded to get him what had to be the cheapest and worst specified Mercedes of all time.
Wind up windows when I ran a four year old cavalier with electric windows.

United Biscuits Carlisle 89/90