Failed Class 1 Again

Kirk Ella 71:

Peter Smythe:

49er:

Peter Smythe:
can I also point out that this discussion never arises with a drawbar as the major feature of that type of combination is that they “follow” the prime mover.

Worthless really, when he is not in a drawbar!!

Intended as a general comment; might save some other poor soul a load of needless stress. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Will come across the problem when driving a proper artic if only passed in wag and drag

Two things spring immediately to mind: firstly, the situation wont arise if people cant pass the test to start with. And secondly, when there’s no examiner there, it’s a hell of a lot easier. A sensible driver will be checking to make sure there’s nothing down the side before and during the turn - so it ceases to be an issue whether or not there’s space for another vehicle as there’s no-one with a clipboard sat at the side of you.

I’ve always said that the easy way to deal with all CE training is to learn and pass on a drawbar (thus getting the licence!) and then, without the stress, have a short session on an artic just to find out the differences. I have never said it’s a good thing to go from drawbar straight to artic - though plenty have done it without problem.

Hope I’ve cleared that up. Pete :laughing: :laughing: