Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

bullitt:
As for likes and dislikes, agree with the previous posts. You forgot…likes…fit lady customers, fit daughters :wink: , finding “marital aids” underneath beds or rolling around inside bedroom drawers (was carrying a large chest of drawers out once and a strange buzzing sound started to come from one of them, much to our amusement and delight and much to the extreme embarrassment of the lady of the house!! :laughing: ), getting weekended around the Mediterranean coastline, expecting a long hard few days graft (2000+ cube) that turns out to be half that. Being (zb)ed around by customs officials in whatever country you are in / trying to get into (more time out means more money in!)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention “fit” customers :wink: :grimacing: But this is a public forum, so I’ll leave it there :wink: That story of the ‘marital aid’ (ahem) isn’t as uncommon as some might imagine either, one of the blokes I was working had a habit of finding these things. I’d be driving along somewhere and suddenly there’s this buzzing noise in the cab and I’d look round and … :open_mouth:

bullitt:
Dislikes…

Yep, all of them (except I never got over the water). Dommage…

bullitt:
Im sure there is more but overall, despite being hard graft it was a good crack.

And that’s the thing I think that kept me (and probably many others) going - yes there were plenty of ■■■■ jobs but if you had a good team with you it made all the difference and could often be a good laugh. And it’s also where a removals driver made up for all that hard slog. IMO even though removals lorries were nearly always 4-wheelers, you still had to be a decent driver if you were going to put something as big as a 1500+ cu ft wagon into some residential areas with any degree of success.