Truck sat nav again please

Read a few of the sat nav posts but still need to buy one soon so thought I would ask these questions. I would prefer opinions of drivers who have actually used a truck sat nav with preloaded routes and not a car or phone based system. I only need it for UK , so whats the best straight out of the box and what should I avoid.
Snooper/TT/Garmin ?
Thanks

“Preloaded routes”, what are they :confused:

Anyway I can’t really answer your question as I’ve only used Tomtoms, but for what it’s worth I like Tomtom truck :wink:

ask Maplin,handtec.co.uk or any other Electronic Shops.
You also could buy at tsco,ASDa,or what,but would talk with People who dont know more then we,just that they would sell you what brings highest Profit

I meant preloaded software not routes, I don’t know much about this but thought I read somewhere that for some systems you had to find the truck software on the internet and download it ?
Thanks for the replies.

Roller265:
Read a few of the sat nav posts but still need to buy one soon so thought I would ask these questions. I would prefer opinions of drivers who have actually used a truck sat nav with preloaded routes and not a car or phone based system. I only need it for UK , so whats the best straight out of the box and what should I avoid.
Snooper/TT/Garmin ?
Thanks

i use a snooper s7000 truckmate and although i’ve been critical of the company in the past ( not the satnav itself ) they have just updated the software and i have to say its tranformed the system totally , its got all the info you need and upto now has’nt let me down . yes its expensive , and so are the updates , but it works for me and works well even more so with the update.

cant help with the other makes as i,ve never used them but the snooper is an out and out truck satnav and it works now better than ever .
i just hope the company backup keeps up with the system because on the odd occasion i,ve had to phone them i,ve found them to be a littler rude.

sometimes the screen can look a quite cluttered due to the amount of information on it but due to the physical size of it its not confusing at all .

not forgetting the freeview T.V you get aswell , very rarely have i not been able to get a signal and i watch it everyday . i believe you can get a uk only one that wont be as expensive as the one i got ,( i got the full euro one god knows why i,ve never been abroad in my life :blush: )

Thanks Bowser
I will look into these as you seem pleased with it .
Cheers

Garmin 465T work really well for me.
Picked it up off e-bay £200 from a shop so brand new complete with free traffic alerts.
Never sent me somewhere I couldnt go.

Hope this is of use
ebay.co.uk/ctg/Garmin-nuvi-4 … 86.c0.m14#

Cheers JC , looks good for the money .

Ipad with Renault Truck Nav, best I have used.

Used to have a tomtom wiith tomtomtruck, this is better.

bowserman:
Ipad with Renault Truck Nav, best I have used.

Used to have a tomtom wiith tomtomtruck, this is better.

I use it on my iphone, great bit of software.

i use a tomtom 740 with truckmaps and im very happy with it, fits in the pocket when im out of the cab and gets me where i need to be and it much more user friendly than my mates pronav i used a few times and at around 100 quid offa ebay, you wont beat it on price.

its also got live traffic and google search if buy a subscription

pronav pnn300 its probably the cheapest but a great bit of kit pluss it has the london lorry ban on there too so it keeps u out of the places you cant go
all these are only as good as the user as there not perfect ie it has not picked up a bridge on the route but if u use a map with them too you cant go wrong really

cliffton 27:
pronav pnn300 its probably the cheapest but a great bit of kit pluss it has the london lorry ban on there too so it keeps u out of the places you cant go
all these are only as good as the user as there not perfect ie it has not picked up a bridge on the route but if u use a map with them too you cant go wrong really

I have one for sale if interested.

Decided to buy the Garmin recommended above although almost bought the snooper.
Thanks to all the above posters for your input.

Do you have to pay for renault truck nav?

I got a snooper s7000 but didn’t like it at all so I got straight onto them and they’ve exchanged it for a genuine tt truck. INMHO you can’t beat tomtom simply for the ease of use.

I have a snooper s2000 its ok but there are a few issues i find one is if you start a jouney in the london ban zone it says no route available got mine second hand quiet cheep but wouldent pay full money for it i have used a mates garma 520 dezl and i thought it was better by miles

Has anyone ever tried the Chinese tablet-pc based ones?

For example I’ve been considering something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-AU-USA-Europe-UK-Truck-GPS-Bluetooth-AV-LORRY-COACH-HGV-SpeedCam-POI-4GB-/150739532703?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2318c6bb9f
(There are several similar devices on eBay, other suppliers etc)