Reading digi cards when not in a truck with a tacho

I work for many different clients via several driving agencies. I want to be able to check what’s on my card when I’m at home or I’m in a truck without a digital tacho. I don’t want to spend £130 for a USB reader and the software to make use of it. At one (Arla) they checked my card with a small unit that displayed the last work done. I believe it was cheap (£20 or so). I would like one at that sort of price, but I have failed to find one on the internet. Can anyone tell me what it was and where I can get one?

The latest version 2 model can be found here shop.fta.co.uk/pc-415-14-digifob.aspx
or you can find the outdated version 1 on ebay :wink:

bobinski:
I work for many different clients via several driving agencies. I want to be able to check what’s on my card when I’m at home or I’m in a truck without a digital tacho. I don’t want to spend £130 for a USB reader and the software to make use of it. At one (Arla) they checked my card with a small unit that displayed the last work done. I believe it was cheap (£20 or so). I would like one at that sort of price, but I have failed to find one on the internet. Can anyone tell me what it was and where I can get one?

You can check your card on any vehicle with a digital tachograph, if you were cheeky you could even do a printout and use another companies paper. Myself I wouldn’t even bother and just keep a note in a pocket diary of the last display when you were using the digicard

But I think you mean one of these that I found on the internet.

digifob.com/

Designed to be attached to a keyring and for the driver to carry with him. N.B. DigiFob only displays data from the driver card — it does not analyse or print any data, it is a ‘stand-alone’ device and cannot be linked to a PC or any software. All data is represented logically and uses industry standard symbols, eg By inserting a driver card into the DigiFob the following data can be displayed: Last activity Last daily rest Weekly rest Weekly summary Infringements Holidays Additional reports available on DF2: Break & Daily Rest infringements Day Rest reductions Daily Driving & Daily Driving extensions Weekly rest 1 & 2 week driving limits i.e the 56 & 90 hour rules.

£25

Thanks Wheel Nut and 205, that looks like the very thing.
Unfortunately
http://www.tachodisc.co.uk/images/downloads/Brochure_2011_2.pdf only says

Digi-Fob
Ref: DF2
A handheld device which is designed to give you instant driver
card information.
The Digi-Fob displays essential card information such as last
activity and last daily rest, plus some infringement reports
e.g. break and daily rest infringements.

Does anyone know if it can be used to look at the data for a particular day which is not the previously worked day?

Good Grief, with Vat & Delivery it costs nearly £40!!!

Waste of money if you ask me, if you really need that sort of info when your not near a digi tacho, just do a printout at end of every shift and keep them with you

205:
Waste of money if you ask me, if you really need that sort of info when your not near a digi tacho, just do a printout at end of every shift and keep them with you

Ah, taking a bit of a risk doing that. If you take a printout when it’s not legally required, such as to correct a mistake or explain a deviation from the rules, VOSA will fine you £100 per occurrence. Every time you take a printout it is recorded on the card so no point in trying to deny it when caught.

:grimacing:

Coffeeholic:

205:

Ah, taking a bit of a risk doing that. If you take a printout when it’s not legally required, such as to correct a mistake or explain a deviation from the rules, VOSA will fine you £100 per occurrence. Every time you take a printout it is recorded on the card so no point in trying to deny it when caught.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I work for an agency also and I have been brought one for my birthday and it is amazing, can see and display all the data on the card. certainly helps when confronted with vosa. using this gives u the heads up as to wat they will be looking for.tells u ure weekly rest total driving etc, would def recomend one.

Coffeholic wrote →

Could anybody please explain this a little bit further?
Would VOSA fine £100 per printout or per deviation/violation?
Why would they fine you if you did take a printout but wouldn’t fine you if you didn’t take a printout?
Wouldn’t they just fine you anyway whether you print out or not?
Their published policy is to become self-funding, so they will try to fine as much as they can (I suggest).
Thanks

LandyLad:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

Only if you have done something wrong.

LandyLad:
Their published policy is to become self-funding, so they will try to fine as much as they can (I suggest).
Thanks

Another MMTMM :stuck_out_tongue:

LandyLad:
Coffeholic wrote →

Why would they fine you if you did take a printout but wouldn’t fine you if you didn’t take a printout?
Thanks

WHHOOOOSSHH

LandyLad:
Coffeholic wrote →

Thanks

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Should have gone to spec savers reens.jpg

LandyLad:
Coffeholic wrote →

£100 per unnecessary print out.

LandyLad:

Because there is no requirement under normal circumstances to take a printout so they wouldn’t fine you for not taking one, i.e. following the law. You mustn’t under any circumstances take one when it isn’t to correct something or when your card isn’t working or available so they will fine you for doing what you are not allowed to do.