10 hour night rule

Got a meeting this week at work about the WTD have read up on it but still unsure of the 10 hour night ,I understand about POA’s but is the 10 hours start to finish ie st 6PM finish before 4AM or do POA’s and breaks offset this ie start 6PM have 1 hour break and 1 hour POA does this mean its ok to go to twelve in total in this instance finishing at 6AM and is it possable to opt out individually or does it have to be a group thing :question:

The 10 hour rule is the default position of the legislation. It is a derogation available for workplace agreements, which apply to the whole workforce, to extend or remove completely the limit on night workers subject to tacho regs. You fall into the category of a night worker if you do any work between 00:00 midnight and 04:00.

Without the workplace agreement you can only do 10 hours work if you are a night worker but this does not include PoAs or breaks.

That is my understanding of the night work regs after a briefing in my workplace but I have heard of different interpretations.

As you say plus breaks and poa so shouldnt affect me really as I do 10-5 to 11 hours with 90 min break .cheers

Its a bit of a nightmare all this wtd.

Up here in Exels Wrexham deopt theyve offered us a salary which will amount to just short of a £1250 pay cut and on top of this fantastic offer they want to bank all our POA`s and then we can work one of our days off for no extra money.

Oh and they need us night drivers to opt out of the 10hr bit aswell.

The shock will come to our fantastic management team on tuesday morning, after our monday night drivers meeting.

What kind of deal`s are the rest of you out there being offered good or bad ?.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

42 hours paid at normal rate the remaining 6 will be time and a half.

if you start work between 1800 and 6.00 then every hour worked between them hours is time and a 1/4. quite a few regular night drivers [zb] themselves because they won’t get the work know more.

according to traffic office we will not be using poa (we shall see :wink: ) there is also a option to do just the 42 hours by giving written word to managment :slight_smile:

jon