6hr break rule?

s268:
Ok…
This is obviously the WTD your talking about…
Well firstly, its a DIRECTIVE, not a law, and so as far as I know, you can only be prosecuted for breaking the law.
It’s a regulations, that’s why it’s called The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005. :unamused:

Next the question in hand:
A worker must take 15 minutes break before 6 hours of DUTY time,
No mobile worker shall work for more than six hours without a break

~snip~

Can a driver sit on POA fro 3 hours and then go and drive for 4 hours then take a break of 45 minutes…now I have read somewhere that certain people think this is ok, but I do not think it is, now I know some of you will be moaning "Yeah!!! But POA does not count towards working time ( which is true) BUT, it does count towards DUTY time, and if you read the laws correctly and interpret them correctly, (Its called learning)Clearly something you’re not good at :unamused:
Please post a link to the section of the RT(WT)R that mentions duty time, you can’t because nowhere in the RT(WT)R 2005 does it mention duty time.

~snip~

what you have to remember is that the WTD is for all workers and not just drivers
The Road Transport Working Time regulations 2005 is only for mobile workers not everyone.

~snip

Anyway, hope this clears up a few questions, feel free to ask if you have any others that you need interpreting properly for you.
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ll give it a miss if it’s all the same to you :laughing:

You was corrected about this as far back as 2014.

Working Time Directive

You obviously took no notice of what you was told then so I see no reason to waste any more time on it now :unamused: