cross hammers

a friend of mine is working for a company that has started to use the cross hammers already for driving and other work.

leaving the box for poa

is he supposed to be doing this before the wtd comes in or is he breaking the law at the moment,anybody know :question: or if stopped by vosa will he have some explaining to do :exclamation:

jon

http://www.tachochart.com/information35.htm

yep

Makes no difference mate

At the mo’, crossed hammers is for other work and the box is for other work. As long as he doesn’t use the box for poa / rest, he is doing nothing wrong.

From the Guidance issued by the DfT

Using the tachograph to record working time:
We expect some employers will use data from tachograph records to monitor the working time of their employees. Currently, most drivers use the “on duty and available for work” switch on the tachograph to record both “other work” and “periods of availability”. However, using this switch in this way will give a misleading impression of the amount of working time (as defined under these regulations) that has been performed. If you wish to monitor working time using tachograph records, it is recommended that you instruct your employees to use the:

HAMMERS

Cross-hammers mode for other work and for any waiting time or periods of availability that are not known about in advance.

BOX

On-duty and available for work for periods of availability known about in advance (as defined under these regulations).

On this basis, tachograph records may be sufficient to record the working time of drivers. However, employers will need other records for those employees who, for example, do not use a tachograph on one or more days or if there are other mobile workers who are subject to these regulations (e.g. crew).

Except that they showed the digrams, which I can’t, yet. :laughing:

As if anyone is going to admit to

waiting time or periods of availability that are not known about in advance.

It’s like most things in life. The more you know about a subject. The better you can use it to your advantage.

well as usual there is an awful lot of “I dont knows” out there !

If you are all as wise as you make out you would realise that we are supposed to use the X hammers in this country,
It was the total apathy of the government and the driving unions that caused the driver to be ignorant of E-U law regarding this issue.
We became complacent (as is always the case in the UK) and changed the law to suit our own ends.
Well now, its come back to haunt us in a massive fashion!
So my freind the question still stands! Is he breaking the law?

The big answer is NO NO NO as the law has never changed about the use of the X hammers its just us english that changed it for our own devices!

Safe driving freind and more golf for all!

tigerned:
well as usual there is an awful lot of “I dont knows” out there !

Well, I don’t see many. In fact. I don’t see any.

The question has been asked and answered.