Max overall length for artic lowloader

Hi all, doing a project with a vintage Peterbilt and a stepdeck trailer. What is the max length I am allowed with a low loader and tractor unit in the UK and EU? Is it 16.50m or 18.00m or 18.75m. We will mainly be using it to haul old pickups and trucks round Europe i.e mainly for play. It is a little hard to get exact overall length measurements since it appears it is a little different for low loaders. The tractor unit wheelbase is 265" (6.73 meters) with an additional .77m to the front bumper and the low loaders (King Andover Tirsan)all seem to be 12.20m so we will certainly have to do a little shortening of the low loader, I’m just trying to figure out how much.

David

David Lowe’s TMOH says

The Maximum overall length for an articulated vehicle incorperating a low loader semi-trailer ( but not a step frame semi-trailer ) is 18 metres. Such Vehicles do not have to meet the turning circle requirements

16.5 m would be the maximum length for a step frame, and 18.75m is the maximum length for a drawbar combination

Denis, thanks for that it’s kind of what I thought but I interpreted the stepframe incorrectly and didn’t see that they had different measurements for stepframe low loaders and stepframe semi-trailers. That puts us about 59" (150cm) over our 18m but I might be able to get this down by a foot or so.

David