VOSA Enforcement Sanctions Argu... err discussion

Worth noting - no sanctions listed for RTWTD breaches

ROG:

Are you having a giraffe?

The working time directive is enforced by the Health and Safety executive, not VOSA.

Red Squirrel:

ROG:

The working time directive is enforced by the Health and Safety executive, not VOSA.

Are you sure, or did you learn that on a DCPC course? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think both of you actually meant the Road Transport Directive

Wheel Nut:

Red Squirrel:

ROG:

Yes you’re right, I meant the Road Transport (Working Time) Directive.
I’ll give you that. :wink:

Red Squirrel:

Wheel Nut:

Red Squirrel:

ROG:

And yes I did learn it on a DCPC course. I suppose you know better :question:

Red Squirrel:

Red Squirrel:

Wheel Nut:

Red Squirrel:

ROG:

You say that the HSE are responsible for enforcing the WTD (RTD)

VOSA enforces the working time limits and the requirement for health checks for night workers under the 1998 Regulations for drivers operating under the GB domestic drivers’ hours rules (and occasional mobile workers). If you have any questions about matters relating to rest or annual leave, call the Acas national helpline on 08457 47 47 47.

New working time limits come into force on 4 April 2005. The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005 will limit working time for drivers and crew of HGVs and PSVs in the road transport sector in Great Britain, with similar Regulations for Northern Ireland due very soon after. The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) (in the UK) and the Driver and Vehicle Testing Agency (DVTA) (In Northern Ireland) will enforce the new regulations, primarily in response to complaints they receive.

I believe you are getting confused by the terminology. WTD or RTD

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/10%20266.pdf

Red Squirrel:

You need to stay away from that driver CPC trainer, he’s really bad for your knowledge :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

The H&S Executive may be responsible for enforcing the general WTD but VOSA are charged with enforcing the working time regulations for mobile workers :wink:

I stand corrected.

Red Squirrel:
I stand corrected.

That’s four. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: You really need a refund on that course, actually I hope someone else paid for it and it’s not your money that has been wasted. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

C’mon, what else did they teach you? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

As this got split from the original post could we please have the link that is being discussed?

ROG:
As this got split from the original post could we please have the link that is being discussed?

Here you go ROG, this is the link to the document itself:

:arrow_right: Vehicle and Operators Services Agency, Enforcement Sanctions Policy

Here’s a link to the OP from which it was split:

:arrow_right: DVSA Enforcement Sanctions Policy 2016 - SAFETY, LAW AND WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE FORUM (INTE - Trucknet UK

ROG:

Err, The title is the clue.

Coffeeholic:

title - yes
Content ?

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

title - yes
Content ?

There was no content as such , just a link to a pdf with the same title as this thread . The title of the thread means your point still makes perfect sense.

I forgot to lock the topic after I made the OP so I split it later, nearly all the stickies in this forum are locked.

Coffeeholic:

Red Squirrel:
I stand corrected.

That’s four. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: You really need a refund on that course, actually I hope someone else paid for it and it’s not your money that has been wasted. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought they’d done a good job too :unamused:

Red Squirrel:

Coffeeholic:

Red Squirrel:
I stand corrected.

You can’t still think that can you? At least four things they have told you which turned out to be wrong but unfortunately that seems to be normal rather than unusual.

Coffeeholic:

Red Squirrel:

Coffeeholic:

Red Squirrel:
I stand corrected.

You can’t still think that can you?

No.