Help with Tacho.....!

I have been informed by my Transport Manager that I must draw a line across the chart to indicate my start time and another to indicate my finish time, I was under the impression that you were only allowed to write in the center or on the reverse. I was stopped today by VI and asked to explain the lines across my chart my charts. I explained and was told i would be hearing from them!!!

Any ideas. !!!

This is a subject that has been disgussed a few times before

this is the last time it was brought up
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3180

The following is taken from VOSA’s own website.

FAQ.50) Is it legal to draw lines on the front of the chart to depict the start and end of my working day?

[Section 32-37 of GV262]

The EC rules state that:

“When as a result of being away from the vehicle, a driver is unable to use the equipment fitted to the vehicle, the periods of time….shall be entered on the sheet, either manually, by automatic recording or other means, legibly and without dirtying the sheet”.

In light of this, it is the DfT’s view that it would be permissible for lines to be drawn on the front of the chart to indicate start and end of working day, provided they are clear and do not obliterate other recordings on the chart - which can happen, for example, if a driver presses too hard.

Whilst this is an acceptable practice in the UK, certain other European countries may not share this view - so it would not be advisable to draw lines on a chart during an international journey

thanks for the help.

ALBA