Digi card renewal

Hi fellas, just decided that I may be in a bit of a quandry, I’ve just renewed my digi-card, no problem, but have noticed that they run out/commence at midnight on the day in question.
Heres the question: as a night worker, I’ll commence work with the current card, at midnight do I eject that card and start with my new card, or for the purpose of simplicity, do I finish the shift on the same card? :confused:

papermonkey:
for the purpose of simplicity, do I finish the shift on the same card?

That’s what I would do.

papermonkey:
Hi fellas, just decided that I may be in a bit of a quandry, I’ve just renewed my digi-card, no problem, but have noticed that they run out/commence at midnight on the day in question.
Heres the question: as a night worker, I’ll commence work with the current card, at midnight do I eject that card and start with my new card, or for the purpose of simplicity, do I finish the shift on the same card? :confused:

or you could just use and keep both cards…not that i am saying professional drivers to that to tar the reputation of the industrie, hell no. lolol

think you will find the card my eject itself. mine ran out on the 31st of the month put the old one in and it just spat it back out

i’d just take a holiday - anything no to get an infringement nowadays :smiling_imp:

You may find that your old card might not work at all on the expiry day (mine didn’t, it gave an error code), i then put my new one in and that didn’t work either. I had to assume that the cards were faulty, so i contacted DVLA and they said it is a common problem and my new card would (should) work the day after it’s start date… and guess what, it did… :smiley:

It’s almost certain that all cards being renewed at the moment because they are 5 years old won’t work on their last day, it is a problem with cards issued before 26th August 2006 and there is no need to contact DVLA about it. Simply do what you would do with any malfunctioning card and take a printout at the start and end of the shift. Sign and print your name on the printouts and add either your driving licence or digi card number.

When you received your new card there should have been a leaflet with it explaining that the old card may not work the last day and you should do what Coffeeholic said :wink:

:confused: :confused: :confused: … Well the leaflet doesn’t mention Coffeeholic by name it just says to take two printouts :wink:

tachograph:
:confused: :confused: :confused: … Well the leaflet doesn’t mention Coffeeholic by name it just says to take two printouts :wink:

I understand they are amending the leaflets for future issue. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: