Am I having enough weekly rest?

Saxon786:
Right, another quickie if I may :slight_smile: Let’s just say then, for whatever reason, that he wasn’t able to finish until 1000 on one particular Friday instead of 0900.

If he finished at 10:00 instead of 09:00 that would mean a weekly rest of 41 hours leaving 4 to be compensated for, using the same rules as I mentioned above. As he has 17 hours daily rest Sunday/Monday and 18 hours on the other days of the week he easily compensates for the 4 hours on any one of those daily rests.

Saxon786:
Does that now become incumbent for him to start LATER on the Sunday morning or can that still be done like the above ie.Can you recover weekly rest by REDUCING daily rest and then recover the daily rest the next day

He doesn’t need to start later as he is compensating for the reduction on any one of his daily rests. You aren’t recovering weekly rest by reducing daily rest, just by adding it onto a daily rest of 11 hours in this case. It possible to reduce a rest to 9 hours and use extra for compensation if needed.