New 48 hour week Ruling

Hello, I am new so bear with me. My husband is the driver not me! This new 48 hour week that will be coming in. He is panicking like mad about the loss of wages etc as he is not going to be able to do as many hours per week as he does now. The company he works for are good payers but they have supposidly told the drivers that they will only pay the drivers a certain amount per hour and that will no way be the same amount as he is getting at the moment.

What are your thoughts guys?

Doh, sorry guys just read more posts regarding the same subject … sorry for repeating your posts again.

Lynn,

I would direct your question to the UK prfessional drivers forum. Everyone reads that, nobody comes here.

I can’t help myself, as I left the UK in 2000.

Lynnes, whilst there is a great deal of discussion and debate about the WTD, until the final rules are published, everything very much lies in the balance.

Currently the only light on the horizon is the direction that waiting time will not be counted towards working time. As to what ‘Waiting Time’ will be defined as, well, we are still waiting. :laughing:

As for the type of work I do, I can work a 12 or 13 hour day, but only 8 or 9 hours of that would be classed as actual ‘Working Time’. The rest (seemingly) could be classed as ‘Waiting Time’.

The effect of these regulations will affect different sections of the Industry in different ways. What sector is your partner employed in?

Just to inform you I have now been told the final draft has been put back again and is now due 2nd week in October. :unamused: :laughing:

Hello again, thank you for your replies. My husband is an HGV driver transporting chemicals to various companies. It is very very worrying as my husband is usually away from home driving and returns on weekends but his hours will be cut by proabably half. The drivers have worked it out (some how) that they will be down in wage by £400 per month which is alot of money :open_mouth: