Unautherised device

Total fine £250. Was haulin fish rates probably wouldn’t have been enough for double manning. Wouldn’t do double manning anyway

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Six years between posts - Is that a record? :wink:

fridge work on the fash is about as hooligan as it gets.(ask hector brocklebank)…rules are made to be broken…theres a multitude over here still working that way though a bit more discretely…the normal would be to be sitting at 59–62 and showing 56,though theres plenty sit at 64…and show 56…wires are old hat now when you’ve the happy must make boat button all wired into the truck looking like factory spec…the difference is in the kip factor…for example,.happy button on…cairnryan to Deeside in 4-30…entire trip,tip,run to reload,load ,back to the ferry and tip etc works a treat…without it on,no sleep and a total pain plus the boredom factor.keep er lit and don’t get caught would sum it up nicely… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
fridge work on the fash is about as hooligan as it gets.(ask hector brocklebank)…rules are made to be broken…theres a multitude over here still working that way though a bit more discretely…the normal would be to be sitting at 59–62 and showing 56,though theres plenty sit at 64…and show 56…wires are old hat now when you’ve the happy must make boat button all wired into the truck looking like factory spec…the difference is in the kip factor…for example,.happy button on…cairnryan to Deeside in 4-30…entire trip,tip,run to reload,load ,back to the ferry and tip etc works a treat…without it on,no sleep and a total pain plus the boredom factor.keep er lit and don’t get caught would sum it up nicely… :slight_smile:

I that law abiding I don’t even understand what you are saying. :wink:

123smith:

dieseldog999:

I that law abiding I don’t even understand what you are saying. :wink:

aye.right… :laughing:

There are wider aspects of Legislation that Devices open up.

Whilst Tacho Offences are not generally disqualification matters, once you enter the realm of “recordable criminality” which Falsification does, then the Police Courts sentencing Act can kick in. This makes virtually any offence where a vehicle is involved open to a Court Disqual.

In terms of the Operator, a Driver found with an active device would virtually certainly trigger a DVSA investigation with a PI follow up if the Operators compliance systems and routine were not up to par.

A Prosecution of the Operator for Falsification / conspiracy to falsify would be a possibility. Once that is in place then the world of POCA comes into play for the Operator.

That spells doom.

hello

deleted

The courts are very unpredictable, but to give you an idea this link details the outcome of a recent case of using an unauthorised device -http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/newsandevents/pressreleases/2009pressreleases/12-02-09hungariantruckdriverjailedaftermagnetfind.htm

tisk tisk.

deleted

tam:
i was tipping using a blank tacho because i wasnt sure if i would make it back to my depot within my spreadover. they also found a wire on the tachohead, the wire was used to disable the speedlimiter

Is it me or does anyone else find it incredible that a driver would want to, or need to, do such things :question:

Nearly forgot… WELCOME tam :slight_smile:

Tam:
i was checked by vosa in an rdc in bellshill

Are they allowed to check you in a private area ? :confused:

end

tam:
mr vosa said cause i co-operated with them he would put the case to court rather than the comisioner.can anyone tell me realisticly what im looking at? he said i wont loose my license cause the courts dealing with it plus its my first offence.[been driving lgv for 10 year]

Except for the fact that you will still have to tell the TC after your court hearing,

edit

tam:
my boss has informed me i might be loosing my job as the cpc holder isnt very amused :cry:

Hi tam,

I’m sorry that we meet in such circumstances. :frowning:

It’s good for you that you cooperated with the VOSA officer, but a lot might depend on who installed the ‘wire’ and whether you knew it was there and whether you have used it.

:bulb: Of course, you may wish to keep this information to yourself, but if you do, there wasn’t much point in asking for advice based on only half a story. :wink:

The point is that, given that a wire was discovered, somebody must have installed the wire… given that that’s the case, it follows that somebody might have used it and that false records might have been created. Then there’s the separate offence of disabling the speed limiter.

I’m fairly sure that the Traffic Commissioner is going to be informed about this episode, and I can understand why the CPC holder isn’t amused. A bit more might yet depend on whether the CPC holder/boss/owner knew that the wire had been fitted, ie, whose idea was it to fit the wire?? :open_mouth:

As for an outcome… as other posters have mentioned, it can be a bit varied, but it’s safe to say that courts take a dim view of such a serious offence. :frowning: :frowning:

ROG:
Is it me or does anyone else find it incredible that a driver would want to, or need to, do such things :question:

:open_mouth: Errr, … no ROG, it’s just you. :unamused: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

clear

dieseldave:

ROG:

:open_mouth: Errr, … no ROG, it’s just you. :unamused: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

No. I’m with Rog.
No wonder the industry is in such a state,with hauliers or drivers doing more than they legally should.

Tonyb