Digi manual input numpty question

I’m due to go on a cpc course about tachos but I was wondering if ya don’t need to add time on youre last shift highly unlikely I know but if you don’t say the tacho said you took youre card out at 3 would you leave it at 3 or take it bk to 2 ?

Horley:
I’m due to go on a cpc course about tachos but I was wondering if ya don’t need to add time on youre last shift highly unlikely I know but if you don’t say the tacho said you took youre card out at 3 would you leave it at 3 or take it bk to 2 ?

To be honest I’m not 100% sure what you mean, but you can’t take time away from what the tachograph has recorded.

If the tachograph shows the card was last ejected at 03:00 UTC time you can only do manual entries for 03:00 onwards, you cannot do a manual entry for 02:00 because that would already have been recorded.

As in with the utc time bud say I put my card in the morning and clocked out at 3 but don’t need to add time on would I have to take it back 2 so it would show utc time , just like adding time say I need to add 15 mins on would I take it to 2.15 to show utc , I’ve only used my card a couple of times so I’m new to it all , for Manuel entrys I know I need to knock a hour off well I think that’s right, cheers for the help trying to help me understand

Horley:
As in with the utc time bud say I put my card in the morning and clocked out at 3 but don’t need to add time on would I have to take it back 2 so it would show utc time , just like adding time say I need to add 15 mins on would I take it to 2.15 to show utc , I’ve only used my card a couple of times so I’m new to it all , for Manuel entrys I know I need to knock a hour off well I think that’s right, cheers for the help trying to help me understand

Everything that’s recorded in the tachograph and on the driver card is in UTC time, you don’t have to alter anything to get it to record in UTC time in fact you cannot make it record in any time but UTC time.

Lets say it’s BST so UK local time is 1 hour ahead of UTC time, you take your card out at 15:00 local time but it will be recorded in the VU and on the driver card as 14:00, you don’t have to do anything it automatically records in UTC time.

If you need to do a manual entry, on type 1 tachographs (early models) all manual entries had to be done in UTC time so if you wanted to do a manual entry for 15:00 to 15:15 local time you would manually record an activity from 14:00 to 14:15 (UTC time).
I believe on the latest type 2 tachographs you can do manual entries in local time rather than UTC time.

That’s what I meaning as in bst if you clocked out at say 3 but need to add 25 mins on so that’s 3.25 …the tacho says I took card out at 3 would I put it back to 2.25 in the morning to add on to yesterday’s shift ,getting my wires crossed hear

Horley:
That’s what I meaning as in bst if you clocked out at say 3 but need to add 25 mins on so that’s 3.25 …the tacho says I took card out at 3 would I put it back to 2.25 in the morning to add on to yesterday’s shift ,getting my wires crossed hear

On a newer Tachograph you’d do the manual entry for 3:25.

On an old one it’d say you took the card out at 2:00 so you’ll move it forwards not backwards to 2:25.

The thing to watch out for when doing this is accidentally adding an extra hour on when using an older tacho and doing the entry in local time instead of UTC when in BST.

You explained it perfect terry t thank you !..
So on the new one for the entrys you just use local time even in bst and on the old one you use utc , I thought it would come up with the time you took you card out but it seems like it translates it into utc time on the old one to when you put youre card back in hence why I said if I finished at 3 and need to add 25 mins on ya have to knock it bk from 3 to 2:25 when ya don’t have to do that as it comes up with 2 as last having youre card in I’m thing ,
The question I have if doing a cpc course or what ever and you haven’t had youre card in for that day so next day you go to put youre card in if ya course started at 9 till 4 new style one enter as that but old school one would be 8 till 3 I’m thinking ?

Horley:
You explained it perfect terry t thank you !..

No worries :wink:

So on the new one for the entrys you just use local time even in bst and on the old one you use utc

Correct.

The question I have if doing a cpc course or what ever and you haven’t had youre card in for that day so next day you go to put youre card in if ya course started at 9 till 4 new style one enter as that but old school one would be 8 till 3 I’m thinking ?

Yes. But in reality, most wouldn’t put that on their card. I’m sure some do. In a situation like that a written record would suffice.

Thanks terry t , so if on a old tacho say I put my card in at 720 local time but started work at 5 am I would put the tacho on rest till 4 then other work till 6 20 I’m thinking that would be right , I know it will come first nature once I’m doing it all the time just don’t wanna ■■■■ it up as it’s something ya just cant rub out with a pencil

That’s right :grimacing:

Im just waiting for all the infringement report sheets to flood in as during my pre shift manual entry i must of got distracted as i used wrong mode & it now shows i had no daily rest between last to days

So on last nights shift the tacho unit was lighting up like a xmas tree

I have never used a digi so have never made a manual entry.

If digicard is taken out at 1615 but some other work was then done for 30 mins during BST, what does the driver put in as manual entry the next shift - Is it 1645 or 1545 as the digi is on UTC(GMT) :question:

ROG:
I have never used a digi so have never made a manual entry.

If digicard is taken out at 1615 but some other work was then done for 30 mins during BST, what does the driver put in as manual entry the next shift - Is it 1645 or 1545 as the digi is on UTC(GMT) :question:

Manual entries are done in UTC time so it would be 15:45.

tachograph:

I was trying to get to sleep last night and the thought popped into my head - dunno why, it just did !!

Maybe it is with the clocks going back to GMT tonight…

ROG:

tachograph:

Just to add that it’s not as confusing as it may seem, as immediately before going to the manual entry screen the display shows in UTC time what time the card was last ejected.

ROG:
I was trying to get to sleep last night and the thought popped into my head - dunno why, it just did !!

You need watch that :wink:

Rog:
Maybe it is with the clocks going back to GMT tonight

The clocks changing does not affect the time of the Digital Tacho as it is always in UTC,.
UTC does not change with a change of seasons, but local time may change if a time zone observes daylight saving time or summer time.