Marking the tacho

i have been given a letter at work stating that i have to mark on the front of the card with a line, the time i clock in and out of work. its a new one on me, is this legal? i didnt think you were supposed to deface the chart. rgds jon

Yes it is legal as long as you do not write over any part of the trace! lots of people will say it isnt legal but quite a lot of companies now have this as policy and as far as I know VOSA or the DoT have not stopped this practice.

Yes its a new thing for the dimwits to work out your duty times.

We have to do it but we are supplied with a special pen in a special folder to make us feel special.

Oh and there is also a copy of the letter sent to the ministry about this instruction.

ok lads thanks. more buerocracy (thats not right! how do you spell it?!!)

JONBOY@RH:
ok lads thanks. more buerocracy (thats not right! how do you spell it?!!)

Bureaucracy :sunglasses:

JONBOY@RH:
i have been given a letter at work stating that i have to mark on the front of the card with a line, the time i clock in and out of work. its a new one on me, is this legal? i didnt think you were supposed to deface the chart. rgds jon

As I do 6 days a week now and often quite a lot of hours, I mark EDR/EWR/SDR/SWR (end daily rest/weekly/start etc) on my tacho with the actual time rather than drawing a line. I also put an arrow up to that start time saying how much time I’ve had off since last work period, ie. “11 off” or “45 off” if weekly rest. At the end of the days trace I then put “x hrs x (min) driving” as worked out from time remaining on my timer and at the end of the week I also add on my Friday’s tacho “weekly driving total x hrs x (min)”.

When my past 4 weeks worth of tacho’s were inspected recently I got an appraisal for it all as it showed I was keen on keeping an eye that I didn’t go over my hours etc. :sunglasses:

Just don’t interfere with the trace and you should be fine.

I just write on the back of chart