Airport security

Dear experts,
I’ve just been told by a large and very professional transport firm based out of Heathrow (air freight) that I can’t be considered for a job because they need 5 years worth of professional references. I can supply all bar references for 4 months in 2002 where time was spent travelling Canada and NZ without working. I have receipts,airline tickets, car hire agreements etc to cover most of this period which obviously can be cross-referenced with credit card bills etc., however the only items they say they can legally except are:
1 - Note from a doctor indicating iillness for a period of time
2 - Job Centre references having signed on
3 - Reference from an Accountant showing self employed status
This seems highly flawed for many reasons including the fact that it doesn’t take into account anyone who was part of a company that is no longer in existence, and that in the case of terrorism, sleeper cells can be as such for more than 5 years. It is not the transport firm but the law that seems flawed. Apparently they need proof of what I was doing rather than just my movements.
Given my documented proof but lack of professional references for 4 months is there any alternative in law please? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ive sent you a PM
Once you get the CRC processed you can do something!
I had the same problem but there are alternatives. I spent time out of the country for a couple of years, without claiming anything and no business accounts. There are ways!

Not only do you have to prove 5 years checkable history, you also need to agree to a Disclosure which shows your criminal record, if you have one.

did you ever get any further with the CRC?

There is a spare pass at EMI now. Securicor Airport Guarding have tightened up on issuing them and it is causing all sorts of problems for staff, old and new