Tacho records...legal requirement?

Received a text message today from my company to state that the tachograph envelopes we complete daily and keep on our person for 4 weeks are no longer a legal requirement and to bin any that we have.

I’ve searched on Google and can’t find anything about this. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this or shed some light?

Cheers

Were the envelopes ever a legal requirement?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Were the envelopes ever a legal requirement?

No - just a company thing

But we keep a record of our tacho times for 28 days on those envelopes

Quote - Under the UK law, drivers of goods vehicles are required to keep the last 28 days of tachograph records on their person.

Failure to install, keep or hand over tachograph records can result in a fine of £5,000. - End quote

oldwelshdude:

Quote - Under the UK law, drivers of goods vehicles are required to keep the last 28 days of tachograph records on their person.

Failure to install, keep or hand over tachograph records can result in a fine of £5,000. - End quote

Not under EU regs unless they are not digital but analogues
Are they analogues/frisbee cardboard :question:

ROG:

oldwelshdude:

No they are digital. Always thought it was either…so you can teach an old dog new tricks after all [emoji12]

But say I drive the company van which doesn’t have a tachograph, then I assume I need to keep a manual record for the week or just that day?

oldwelshdude:

ROG:

oldwelshdude:

No they are digital. Always thought it was either…so you can teach an old dog new tricks after all [emoji12]

But say I drive the company van which doesn’t have a tachograph, then I assume I need to keep a manual record for the week or just that day?

By the letter of the Regs, any legally required records that are not recorded automatically on the digicard (eg van driving or yard/warehouse/office work) should be made either using the manual input facility next time you put your card in, or on the reverse of a piece of printout roll or paper chart (signed, dated etc). I would suggest that the former is only practicable for an odd day or part of a day spent van driving.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Hmm I have only done manual entries twice and balls them up twice too [emoji23] so infringements galore.

Time to watch some tacho manual entry videos again me thinks

Van driving (3.5 tonnes and under) records are on paper records then copies put with digicard downloads so a full work history is recorded