Multi manning

Afternoon folks, I’ve been offered a position doing a multi manning job and need some advice.

This 21 hour rule does the clock start ticking for both drivers at the same time they put their card in? Or would it be different as each driver took over the duties at different times.

E. G if we started at 10am the latest we could finish is 7am the following day before we had to take our daily rest?

The question would seem fairly obvious but I’ve seen so many different posts regarding this that I’ve become confused.

Ta

Truckermoose:
Afternoon folks, I’ve been offered a position doing a multi manning job and need some advice.

This 21 hour rule does the clock start ticking for both drivers at the same time they put their card in? Or would it be different as each driver took over the duties at different times.

E. G if we started at 10am the latest we could finish is 7am the following day before we had to take our daily rest?

The question would seem fairly obvious but I’ve seen so many different posts regarding this that I’ve become confused.

Ta

Both have to start within 1 hour of each other so it could be 10pm to 7am for driver 1 and 11pm to 8am for driver 2 BUT … rest cannot be taken in a moving vehicle so it usually ends up with both drivers taking rest at the same time

ROG:

Truckermoose:

Ta

Both have to start within 1 hour of each other so it could be 10pm to 7am for driver 1 and 11pm to 8am for driver 2 BUT … rest cannot be taken in a moving vehicle so it usually ends up with both drivers taking rest at the same time

Thanks rog… You just cleared this matter up massively.

I’m an experienced trucker in the UK but have never ventured in the multi manning sector so I was a little sceptical when I was told the usual run would take 27 hours non stop.

Many Thanks

TruckerMoose

Once you go over the single crew duty then you must be accompanied by another driver, so if you started 1 hour later the the driver you’ve been on shift with all day, then you’d have to finish at the same time unless there were another driver to accompany for your final hour.