Help with a lapsed licence

Hi guys just joined and sorry if this has been posted before

My HGV license lapsed years ago over 10 probably , I know that the licence itself has no lifespan but I need to renew it and I need the DVLA forms , looks like DVLA aren’t sending them out at the moment (COvid) and can’t seem to order the forms online . Do you know anywhere else I can get them , IE post office etc ■■

I’ve done my CPC but don’t think I can do a refresher unless my licence is renewed so I’m stuck ! All advice welcome , thanks in advance

I thought you just downloaded the D4 form - get medical done - then send that with your licence to DVLA
Perhaps with a note asking for all categories covered by that D4 to be re-instated

Perhaps I have that slightly incorrect :question: :question: :question: :question:

You can get D4 form from most post offices, download it here gov.uk/government/publicati … ng-licence or your £50 medical guys normally have copies anyway.
When you send it to DVLA though at the moment it will go to the bottom of a very big pile and you are looking at weeks if your case is simple, months if not, unless you can quote some reason why you are a key worker and need it done for the good of the country.
If you are absolutely sure you have the entitlements on your licence and you have a clean medical you can drive under section 88 once they receive your D4 and if prompted they will send you a letter saying that. (Which is what I am doing now, albeit mine ran out in December and D4 went in just before lockdown.)
I already had a DCPC (DQC if like :unamused: )card, on which all the courses had expired, and I was able to do online ones and bring it up to date and new card automatically issued.
Section 88 is here gov.uk/government/publicati … -with-dvla