Working Time

tachograph:

PaulZuna:
Hi Everyone ,

I have been driving 10 years so not a Novice but someone has thrown me and I need to ask !

Started work @0430 took a 15mins @0800 so I know I’m good before 1330 as I have always done . Went to the office for my second job and they had nothing the time was 1200 .

The lady said can you download ur card and I didn’t even think she said you have a infringement .

I told her not to book me off @1200 but 1230 as I am going to take a break to cover my time which would be total 45 mins in 9 hour shift .

I always manual entry the next day so tomorrow I will add the break onto the previous day so my question is will there be a infringement or not ?

Sorry if I have just confused the whole thing bit bit stumped

For a shift with working time of between 6 and 9 hours you need a total of 30 minutes break, so your manual entry needs to include no less than 15 minutes of break, for the working time regulations breaks must interrupt the working time so a break at the immediate start or end of shift will not count for the WTD, you need to book some work after the break, a minute or two will do.

In other words when you do your manual entry book at-least 15 minutes break and at-least one minute other work after the break.

Do this and you will not get an infringement.

Hi thanks for the reply ,

I’m really good with my card guess I weren’t on the ball …

I withdrew my car @1150 … with my walk back to the office and paper work that was 1200 I will then enter tomorrow 1200-1230 bed and then 5 mins other work .

Thanks for the reply