Minimum driving before break

CookieMonster:
As far as I’m aware there is no minimum amount of time from the start of shift to being able to take a working time break, which is all a 15 would cover.

However, if they are then doing checks while recording a break then they could run into problems as you are supposed to record a reasonable amount of time for your checks, and one minute simply won’t cover it.

If one of these clowns gets pulled, they’re [zb]. But so is everyone else, as DVSA will come to the company to see if that driver was a one off, or standard for the company. Once they’ve audited the company and realised most of the drivers are the same, the company’s O licence will be in the shredder.

If your bosses expect you to effectively run bent, then you have to question if getting fired is really such a bad thing? Personally I’d be out of that door like a shot, and off to somewhere that has respect for drivers and the law

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You must do 1 minute of working time (driving or other work) for a break if at least 15 mins to count for the wtd

You must do at least 1 min of driving to have the 1st part of a split driving break