UK Domestic and WTD

After a DCPC course today i now understand that even thought uk domestic allows 7 days a week etc , we can,t as WTD does not allow it and it cannot be opted out of :confused: i have done a bit of google search but not got a definitive answer

d4c24a:
After a DCPC course today i now understand that even thought uk domestic allows 7 days a week etc , we can,t as WTD does not allow it and it cannot be opted out of :confused: i have done a bit of google search but not got a definitive answer

drivers WTD does not have any daily or weekly rest rules therefore on UK domestic regs a driver can drive for 10 hours a day 7 days a week

ROG:

d4c24a:

drivers WTD does not have any daily or weekly rest rules therefore on UK domestic regs a driver can drive for 10 hours a day 7 days a week

Thank you for that , this is from our transport manager / trainer who is 100% adamant they are correct and even did a chart on the flip board for me to understand , i did ask where i could find this online to look at , but did not get an answer :confused:

d4c24a:

If that’s what he told you I’d have to say the DCPC instructor was wrong, although the 1998 working time regulations allow for daily and weekly rest periods those sections of the WTD are excluded for “air, rail, road, sea, inland waterway and lake transport” and various other none transport sectors.

ROG:
drivers WTD does not have any daily or weekly rest rules

They do actually, but drivers who are exempt from EU regulations i.e. drivers on UK domestic regulations don’t come in-scope of the drivers WTD anyway.

d4c24a:
this is from our transport manager / trainer who is 100% adamant they are correct and even did a chart on the flip board for me to understand , i did ask where i could find this online to look at , but did not get an answer :confused:

Tell him to have a look at Regulation 18 of the “Working Time Regulations 1998:wink:

tachograph:

d4c24a:
this is from our transport manager / trainer who is 100% adamant they are correct and even did a chart on the flip board for me to understand , i did ask where i could find this online to look at , but did not get an answer :confused:

Tell him to have a look at Regulation 18 of the “Working Time Regulations 1998:wink:

Thanks , it a her too :smiley: i was told its WTD Domestic to specially cater for it :confused:

d4c24a:

tachograph:

d4c24a:

Thanks , it a her too :smiley:

In that case you’re not going to win the argument so you might as well give up now :laughing:

d4c24a:
i was told its WTD Domestic to specially cater for it :confused:

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean but drivers who are working in-scope of the UK domestic regulations and occasional mobile workers come under the Working Time Regulations 1998, drivers who are in-scope of EU regulations (other than occasional mobile workers) come under the The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005.

tachograph:

d4c24a:

tachograph:

d4c24a:

Thanks , it a her too :smiley:

In that case you’re not going to win the argument so you might as well give up now :laughing:

d4c24a:
i was told its WTD Domestic to specially cater for it :confused:

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean but drivers who are working in-scope of the UK domestic regulations and occasional mobile workers come under the Working Time Regulations 1998, drivers who are in-scope of EU regulations (other than occasional mobile workers) come under the The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005.

We are on utility work and run on uk domestic within 100km we record hours on our digi cards and these are downloaded weekly , we are getting infringements for breaking WTD rules and cannot work 7 days a week any more as we have to have a 24hr rest period now :confused: i am getting mighty confused

i believe i may have found what i needed , annex A assets.publishing.service.gov.u … s-2018.pdf

Just show her GV262

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … time-rules

stevieboy308:
0Just show her GV262

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … time-rules

thanks