Left tacho in wagon

Evening all.
Finished my shift at 18:25, filled paperwork out and posted keys in drop safe.
Gets home aaaaand I’ve left card in tacho machine havn’t I. So I imagine it’s sat on other work till I get in at 9am.
Where do I go from here? manual print out in the morning with explination on the back? Can I even drive tomorow? as an 11hr rest will not have been observed according to my card.

Cheers

LastTemplar:
Evening all.
Finished my shift at 18:25, filled paperwork out and posted keys in drop safe.
Gets home aaaaand I’ve left card in tacho machine havn’t I. So I imagine it’s sat on other work till I get in at 9am.
Where do I go from here? manual print out in the morning with explanation on the back? Can I even drive tomorow? as an 11hr rest will not have been observed according to my card.

This ^^^

When you start work in the morning, before you do anything do a printout and write an explanation of what you’ve done on it, you might want to do 2 printouts and hand one in when you card is downloaded, it probably won’t stop you getting an infringement but being able to show that you’re aware of what you’ve done wrong could should save you the grief of a lecture off the compliance manager if you’ve got one.

Obviously you need to carry one printout with you in case you get pulled into a road side checkpoint.

You’ll need to keep a record of your driving time because the tachograph is likely to be screaming that you need a break when in fact you don’t.

You’re not the first person to leave the card on other work for the duration of a daily rest period and I doubt that you’ll be the last :slight_smile: :wink:

I’ve done the same myself left my tacho card in overnight, 3 times. Done it twice, in the last 28 days. Done a printout, for the 2nd offence in late January of this year, but done it again, on Thursday eve, in to Friday morning, but didn’t do a printout, because I was ■■■■■■ off with the employer, etc, etc, which got me to forget about the printout, felt like giving up, plus a few other things. If I do a printout, on Monday AM, (tomorrow), as I start my shift first thing, would that count for an infringement last Thursday evening, because I was made to believe, that printouts should be done on the same day of the infringement, to show your state of awareness about the job, etc.

CaptainKirk:
I’ve done the same myself left my tacho card in overnight, 3 times. Done it twice, in the last 28 days. Done a printout, for the 2nd offence in late January of this year, but done it again, on Thursday eve, in to Friday morning, but didn’t do a printout, because I was ■■■■■■ off with the employer, etc, etc, which got me to forget about the printout, felt like giving up, plus a few other things. If I do a printout, on Monday AM, (tomorrow), as I start my shift first thing, would that count for an infringement last Thursday evening, because I was made to believe, that printouts should be done on the same day of the infringement, to show your state of awareness about the job, etc.

A printout should save you having to answer questions from DVSA if you get stopped but I doubt it will prevent your company giving you an infringement notice to sign.

Sent from my mobile.